- Compensate GTK API changes in Ubuntu 16.10.
- Keys F1 (= help) and Escape (= cancel) were made consistent in all dialogs.
- The Select Hairy function and user interface were improved somewhat.
- The image search function saves its output to the album Search
(preserve search results when subsequent actions replace the gallery).
- Batch Add/Remove Tags: the user interface was extended to make
to choose from existing tags or create new tags as needed.
Friday, September 30, 2016
Wednesday, September 14, 2016
- Fotoxx startup is much faster when there are few new image files to index.
Huge galleries also display faster. The image index file is converted to a new format. The old file is kept for safety, and can be deleted later.
- Indexing can be completely bypassed if Fotoxx is started from a file manager
(e.g. Nautilus) to open a selected file, which displays instantly. Image edits
work normally. Search and map functions are disabled because they require
the image index. The index can be updated on demand or the next time
Fotoxx starts normally. Set options using Tools > User Options.
- Galleries with images from multiple directories (from a search function, recent
images query, timeline report, etc.) now include the lowest level directory name
in addition to file name, photo date and thumbnail image.
- view last file version only:
This option now affect both image file view and gallery view. If set, only
the latest version of each image file is shown, also in gallery pages.
Albums and results from search functions are not affected.
- A user can optionally use the Mapbox map source by acquiring an access key.
These are free for moderate map usage (50,000 tiles per month). See the
User Guide for a description of the differences and how to obtain a key.
- Inserting plugin text in the output file names was simplified. Photo dates
(from EXIF metadata) can be inserted into the output file names.
- The user data in /home/<user>/.fotoxx can now be located wherever wanted.
This also enables multiple image collections, managed separately.
- The report by location and date-group and the timeline report were made
more elegant with non-scrolling table headers. Click on a table position to
get a corresponding thumbnail gallery of images.
- Multiple edit versions of the same photo had accidental order because they
all have the same photo date. Resolved by using file mod date as tie breaker.
- User Options: If a font was selected that had no monospace implementation,
some report formats looked horrible. A generic monospace font is now used.
- Gallery sort by photo date was incorrect after editing any photo dates
(self-corrected after displaying some other gallery and then coming back).
- When saving a modified image as a new file or version, some obscure
ITPC metadata was not being copied to the new file.
- Trim/Rotate: the [+90] and [-90] buttons failed if pressed multiple times.