Saturday, October 14, 2017
Friday, October 6, 2017
Friday, September 1, 2017
- User settings for video file types were not being saved.
- Add missing popup diagnostic for libraw (e.g. unable to read a RAW file).
- Check for application 'hugin' instead of
(compensate diverse packaging "standards").
Monday, August 7, 2017
Wednesday, August 2, 2017
Tuesday, August 1, 2017
- Technical Changes
- Thumbnails were enlarged to 512 pixels for faster galleries when using large thumbnails. To implement, delete your present thumbnails so that Fotoxx will generate new thumbnails.
- Use of shell "cp" command was replaced with a copyfile() function, to make batch functions fail-safe against special characters in file names.
- New widget types were implemented to make some dialogs smaller, to cover less of the image window. Numbers can be indexed up or down using the mouse wheel, arrow keys, or the +/- keys. The shift key can be held down to increase the step size and index speed by 10x.
- Functional Changes
- Video files display as both images (initial frame) and gallery thumbnails. Click to play. Otherwise they behave like image files - editable metadata, albums, search functions, slide show (auto play), etc.
- Maps: save and recall named map locations - map position and scale.
- Panorama: the flatten function was made variable and reversible.
- Retouch Combo: the curve edit user interface was improved.
- Galleries remember and restore their last scroll position with each view.
- Select Hairy: improved algorithm, faster and better user interface.
- Select Area > Find Gap: fatter lines are drawn for better visibility.
- Custom Kernel: additional functionality. Ten more pre-installed filters.
- Paint Image: added an HSL color chooser as an additional method.
- Slide Show: 2 new transitions, 5 others made faster on slow computers.
- Change Color Profile: EXIF profile name is updated and old profile deleted.
- Export Image Files: added metadata relevant for photo web services.
- Additional gallery view: small thumbnails with most relevant metadata.
- Bug Fixes
- Slide Show: workaround for GDK-pixbuf scaling bug.
- Flickr Upload stopped working and was removed. Flickr and other photo web services can upload directly - see User Guide, Recent Changes.
- A startup album name (if any) was getting replaced with blanks.
- Retouch Combo: failed if "saved settings" directory missing (create it).
- Index Image Files: failed if "recent files" file missing (create it).
- Possible crash if Trim/Rotate [level] button is used (EXIF camera tilt).
Friday, June 30, 2017
- Manage Albums, Choose Album: [cancel] left all album menus disabled.
- Slide Show, zoom image function: fix memory leak.
- Select Area, Find Gap: crash if gap search killed before complete.
- EXIF data update: poss. crash if input keyword data is null.
- Color Profile: liblcms2 can produce RGB values < 0. Replaced these with 0.
- File index process sometimes omitted a few files. This was self-repairing.
- Metadata Report: leafpad fails to display report file - replaced it.
Tuesday, May 2, 2017
Tuesday, April 11, 2017
- Thumbnail Gallery: crash if RAW file thumbnails are set to a large size
- Sharpen Image: error message if [apply] button and no method chosen
- Retouch Combo: [reset] button failed to reset the [amplify] slider
- Popup Menus: offset from mouse position to make menu cancel easier
- crash if star count is revised and parameters are saved to a file
- user interface was simplified
Saturday, April 1, 2017
- Source code revisions for GTK API changes (Ubuntu 17.04, Fedora 25).
- Implementation of AppImage, a distro-agnostic packaging format.
- Smoother gallery scrolling via thread to pre-fetch thumbnail images.
- Image Montage: join selected images together into a compact table format.
Images included in the table can be clicked to show a full-size image.
- Paint Image: modified to make it easier to use with a Wacom tablet.
- Paint Image: use any image as a custom color palette - click to select color.
- Edited images get an automatic tag, allowing "edited" as a search criteria.
- Alien Colors effect: repaint an image or area with random strange colors.
- Stack/Paint: Transient foreground objects can be removed automatically, and
a moving subject can be shown in multiple positions against the background.
- Twist effect: twist or swirl an image around a mouse-selected central point.
- Script Files: most of the special effects functions can now be scripted.
- Denoise - measure noise: the noise is better characterized as a scatterplot.
- The desktop wallpaper functions were removed - they don't work with the
latest Gnome desktop.
- Paint Image and Clone Image were split into separate functions.
- Trim/Rotate: margin sides can now be dragged, in addition to the corners.
- Rename, Copy/Move, Delete/Trash: options were added to keep these dialogs
open or not (keep open is easier/faster if processing multiple files).
- Albums can now be sorted like any other gallery, but cannot be edited when
in an out-of-sequence condition. To edit, re-open the album.
- User Settings: an album name can be specified as the startup gallery.
- Startup with a file parameter: now works for absolute or relative file name.
- Correctly handle file and directory names containing '$' characters.
- Voodoo functions can now be assigned to shortcut keys like any other.
- Disallow re-sorting of a metadata report, which loses the link between
images and their metadata. Sort the gallery before generating the report.
- Copy to Desktop or Clipboard: an edited but unsaved file copies correctly.
- Trim/Rotate: stop sporadic motion of zoomed image when margins are dragged.
Tuesday, February 28, 2017
Saturday, January 21, 2017
Thursday, January 12, 2017
2017 Jan 12 Fotoxx Release 17.01.1
2017 Jan 08 Ukopp Release 6.2
- Bug Fixes:
- Possible crash at startup after new image files are found and indexed.
(This is self-repairing at the next startup.)
- Crash if the De-noise dialog is quit with the Measure Noise dialog left open.
2017 Jan 08 Ukopp Release 6.2
- Bugfix: fixed a garbled differences summary report if backup is to a directory
only, instead of to a device, mount point, and directory.
- User Guide: an explanation was added about how deleted source files are
handled in the backup archive - when and how long they are retained.