- Source code revisions for GTK API changes (Ubuntu 17.04, Fedora 25).
- Implementation of AppImage, a distro-agnostic packaging format.
- Smoother gallery scrolling via thread to pre-fetch thumbnail images.
- Image Montage: join selected images together into a compact table format.
Images included in the table can be clicked to show a full-size image.
- Paint Image: modified to make it easier to use with a Wacom tablet.
- Paint Image: use any image as a custom color palette - click to select color.
- Edited images get an automatic tag, allowing "edited" as a search criteria.
- Alien Colors effect: repaint an image or area with random strange colors.
- Stack/Paint: Transient foreground objects can be removed automatically, and
a moving subject can be shown in multiple positions against the background.
- Twist effect: twist or swirl an image around a mouse-selected central point.
- Script Files: most of the special effects functions can now be scripted.
- Denoise - measure noise: the noise is better characterized as a scatterplot.
- The desktop wallpaper functions were removed - they don't work with the
latest Gnome desktop.
- Paint Image and Clone Image were split into separate functions.
- Trim/Rotate: margin sides can now be dragged, in addition to the corners.
- Rename, Copy/Move, Delete/Trash: options were added to keep these dialogs
open or not (keep open is easier/faster if processing multiple files).
- Albums can now be sorted like any other gallery, but cannot be edited when
in an out-of-sequence condition. To edit, re-open the album.
- User Settings: an album name can be specified as the startup gallery.
- Startup with a file parameter: now works for absolute or relative file name.
- Correctly handle file and directory names containing '$' characters.
- Voodoo functions can now be assigned to shortcut keys like any other.
- Disallow re-sorting of a metadata report, which loses the link between
images and their metadata. Sort the gallery before generating the report.
- Copy to Desktop or Clipboard: an edited but unsaved file copies correctly.
- Trim/Rotate: stop sporadic motion of zoomed image when margins are dragged.